Our child friendly holiday properties in the North York Moors National Park near Pickering are perfect for family holidays. We hope your stay here will be one which your whole family will remember for years to come…
We have children and grandchildren of our own. As a result, we understand that for everyone to have a great family holiday there are two important factors. First, the children need to be both happy and safe. Secondly, parents and grandparents must feel able to relax and unwind. We believe that the comfortable and welcoming child friendly holiday cottages which comprise Mel House Cottages, along with our peaceful environment at the heart of our quiet Village in the North York Moors, are a good start.
Such facilities as our Leisure Suite, free fibre optic WiFi, sitting-out areas and lengthy (level) grass track – useful for mud-free dog strolling – help make your family holidays in our North York Moors village child, toddler, wheelchair and dog friendly while at the same time ensuring that the needs of older children and parents are not overlooked.
· Our Leisure Suite – incorporating our heated swimming pool (with powerful counter-current unit which permits even strong swimmers to exercise 'on the spot'), spa (hot tub), and (coin-operated) sauna – is obviously a great hit with children of all ages.
· Free fibre optic WiFi in every cottage.
· Cots and Highchairs available on request.
· Wheeled shower chairs (maximum weight 16 stone, not self-propelled) for use by full-time wheelchair users are available on request at a cost of £10 per week.
· Fully fitted kitchens include the convenience of microwaves and dishwashers – we supply dishwasher tablets as well as washing up liquid.
· Two of our family friendly holiday properties are on one level.
· Each holiday property has a Freeview TV along with a DVD player.
· Two Washing Machines and a Tumble Dryer are centrally located in our Laundry Room, for your use. These are all ‘metered’, requiring £1 coins.
· We are ideally located to get to the Coast to the east, Cropton Forest and the Moors to the north or the City of York to the south west. Please see our section on beaches.
· Parents with older children may wish to get active and there are now so many options in this area of North Yorkshire, including ‘Go Ape’, Segway riding and Mountain Biking at Dalby Forest just under 11 miles away. Please see our get active section.
· If there isn’t enough room in the car for groceries don’t give it a second thought. Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco all deliver here.
· We are only too pleased to advise on the local area – Attractions to visit, places to go, or where to find a family friendly place to eat out with the children. Please see our Eating Out & Local Food section.
Mel House Cottages – our child friendly self-catering holiday properties in the North York Moors near Pickering ensure family holidays offer that little bit ‘extra’. Children, toddlers and babies are all welcome. It’s a place where the whole family can indulge in a refreshing break, relax and generally ‘unwind’.